About Me

This blog is about me and my voyage to becoming a mummy. Ironically called “mummy in the baking” as together with my passion and obsession for all things cake related, I will never be able to have my own "bun in the oven." Years of fertility treatment have taken their toll and I now find myself on a new..eek, i hate this word...journey! The crazy train to adoption. I hope you will join me while I bake my way to becoming a mummy. I want this blog to be a source of information as well as a comforter. I hope it will inspire and help anyone who is considering adoption or who has in fact already bought their ticket for this..here I go again...journey. Cake makes me happy and I hope you will enjoy sharing my love of it. I want it to help lift your spirits and hearts through what can only be described as 'the trials and tribulations of the adoption process.' Along with my desire to be a family, I love my dogs, have an unhealthy love of sausages and chenin blanc, adore my land rover uber-nerd of a husband and continiously dream of balmy summer evenings. Baking in progress…..

Wednesday 20 March 2013

May Day...May Day

Feck! Either Miss Delia has discovered my blog (eek!) or she has some sort of in-tuned oonagi but she emailed me yesterday. In the subject line was Adoption Panel Date and I could feel my little heart beating as I clicked open. Please let this be good news.  Sadly not, and as suspected, they are delaying our panel until the 15th May so they can assess how LRUNs new journey (really?) will impact on us. Oh for the love of shortcake! It's the same job, same people, same product, same money...he is just getting on a train. So as always, I  grit my teeth and endeavour to remain positive and hope that this delay is all to due to some form of divine timing. Perhaps some Suffolk down-and-outs are shagging as we speak to procreate our child.

So panel is now 8 weeks away. How on earth am I going to while away the days? I am thinking of planning a special party...maybe an afternoon tea. With mountains of little cakes, tea, champagne and a few savory delights. That should keep me busy. Who fancies coming round?



1 comment:

  1. Love the recipe idea al :-)
    But where is the one for portuguese custard tarts?

    ReplyDelete