Frikkin heck, they said yes! Although we still have to wait for the official paperwork, we were told we had every right to go out and celebrate. For those already on this crazy train and want to know the juicy details, we were in luck as we were the last panel of the day and many of the panel members had gone home. This meant we only had five
1. Why do you think you'd make good adoptive parents?
2. How would your kids described you later in life as parents?
3. How was I going to cope without my family around?
4. What did we get, learn or take from the prep course last year?
5. How would I introduce my creativity into parenting my adopted child?
6. What would we do if our child/ren turned out to hate camping and boats?
We blabbered our way through this. You know me, I sure can talk. And then we waited in a different room while they all decided. This took a while and LRUN was really starting to look nervous. But it was a unanimous yes from all. (even the weird guy on the end...!) Miss Delia was so excited for us and we both had big hugs from her afterwards. She even noticed LRUN had had his hair cut. Luckily she didn't notice the Land Rover mud on his jacket. "eye roll"
So folks...after five long years, I am finally going to be a mummy. It may be a long wait but do you know what, our little one will find us. Wowzers...what cake am I going to make to celebrate that fact? Welcome to Cafe Gratitude......