About Me

This blog is about me and my voyage to becoming a mummy. Ironically called “mummy in the baking” as together with my passion and obsession for all things cake related, I will never be able to have my own "bun in the oven." Years of fertility treatment have taken their toll and I now find myself on a new..eek, i hate this word...journey! The crazy train to adoption. I hope you will join me while I bake my way to becoming a mummy. I want this blog to be a source of information as well as a comforter. I hope it will inspire and help anyone who is considering adoption or who has in fact already bought their ticket for this..here I go again...journey. Cake makes me happy and I hope you will enjoy sharing my love of it. I want it to help lift your spirits and hearts through what can only be described as 'the trials and tribulations of the adoption process.' Along with my desire to be a family, I love my dogs, have an unhealthy love of sausages and chenin blanc, adore my land rover uber-nerd of a husband and continiously dream of balmy summer evenings. Baking in progress…..

Friday 24 May 2013

A date with Mastercard...

So with five (eek!) sleeps to go until panel, so many people are asking how I am feeling. Excited...no. Nervous...no. Anxious....no. Crapping myself...hell yes!
Plus.. it is all now super official. The confirmation has arrived in writing for 1.50pm on Wednesday. (First class stamp again. Just saying) They are not installing a huge amount of confidence in me though, as their letter states that our application to become adoptive parents will 'be considered' at this time and that they still haven't managed to get in contact with my ex boyfriend. But reading further, Miss Delia explains this will hopefully not be a problem. They include an enormous amount of useful info to help us feel at ease and know what to expect on the day. There is even a list of who will be on our panel and I am sheepishly happy that HRH is not on there! Phew, this is good news as she was the one making such a big deal of LRUN's new commute. I have no idea what questions they will ask but I have to keep reminding myself that there are no 'right' answers. My other major panic is what on earth am I going to wear?  It's always glaringly obvious how uncomfortable I am when you take me out of my jeans.  So I am planning a little trip to town tomorrow to find something suitable, just me and the Mastercard.To be honest, it's just an excuse to go shopping really. Never under estimate the power of retail therapy.
On planet adoption, the Fraigs are well into their introductions with the boys and it is all going so well. Emotional but amazing and you are reminded what a fantastic job the foster carers play in this process. I can't wait to hear all the details. In fact, they are popping in on Sunday for a spot of the 3 C's. Cuppa, Catch up and Cake. Now, what should I bake for them....Ooh the choices! There is a new Chocolate Torte recipe given to me by Miss Mini Bohemia.  I can't wait to try it but it might be a bit rich. Oh but it tastes so good. Or I could make Lady Godiva's luscious yet wholesome Carrot Cake. Or there's my all time favourite Coffee and Walnut..you know, the one with the low fat  mascorpone in the icing.  Oh help! Decisions..decisions...!


No comments:

Post a Comment