About Me

This blog is about me and my voyage to becoming a mummy. Ironically called “mummy in the baking” as together with my passion and obsession for all things cake related, I will never be able to have my own "bun in the oven." Years of fertility treatment have taken their toll and I now find myself on a new..eek, i hate this word...journey! The crazy train to adoption. I hope you will join me while I bake my way to becoming a mummy. I want this blog to be a source of information as well as a comforter. I hope it will inspire and help anyone who is considering adoption or who has in fact already bought their ticket for this..here I go again...journey. Cake makes me happy and I hope you will enjoy sharing my love of it. I want it to help lift your spirits and hearts through what can only be described as 'the trials and tribulations of the adoption process.' Along with my desire to be a family, I love my dogs, have an unhealthy love of sausages and chenin blanc, adore my land rover uber-nerd of a husband and continiously dream of balmy summer evenings. Baking in progress…..

Tuesday 28 May 2013

Tomorrow..tomorrow, I love you tomorrow....

It's hard to believe that tomorrow is the day. An advert came on the TV last night for a clearblue pregnancy test, showing how they can tell how many weeks along you are (as if I didn't know, I must have bought zillions of those little buggers in my time and we won't even talk about those ovulation ones!) but I had a thought. How cool would an adoption themed one be. "Two weeks until your panel day" or "You've got a match." Totally unnecessary but it showed just how far I have come on this journey road to adoption, in that I can now make jokes about these things.

I'm feeling strangely calm about tomorrow and its either because I have taken up knitting (it's classed as vintage isn't it?) or more likely because the Fraigs were here over the weekend and totally put my mind at rest. They explained everything and assured me it was going to be a doddle. They even provide the tissues as Mr Fraig admitting to shedding a tear when they got their yes. Aaah.  I have opted to wear my skinny jeans (don't eye roll me) but I wanted to still be me, just better.  So I bought a cute little navy jacket (thanks again Mr Mastercard, you're the best) and am going for the Jennifer Aniston yummy mummy look. Who am I kidding, it's bound to be more Miranda than Jennifer. But heck, I may even add some heels but at the risk of displaying the penguin totter, I may skip those.

The Fraigs are due to bring their boys home any day now and they are just buzzing. LRUN and I sat there and just soaked up all they were saying. It was so incredible to see just how happy they were. The boys are just perfect for them. They are tired but so so excited and even bought us gifts for our little one to be. This is the first things we have for them and this time, it feels so right.  After several cups of tea and massive wedges of custardy Victoria sponge (yes yes, I went traditional) they had to dash off to catch the supermarket as they had 25% off nappies. Oh how we laughed at how things had changed already.
So folks. Tomorrow I may or may not be told I will be a mummy. Back to the knitting....


3 comments:

  1. Ally, I have just been catching up on your blog! And what timing! We will be thinking of you tomorrow and sending you all our love and wishing you the absolute best. You guys will be great! A wonderful couple who will make fantastic parents. Love Liv and Rich xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for your new post!!! Little Miss Rainbows xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs Curly Wurly29 May 2013 at 20:46

    I can't wait either!!!! Xxx love you guys xx

    ReplyDelete