About Me

This blog is about me and my voyage to becoming a mummy. Ironically called “mummy in the baking” as together with my passion and obsession for all things cake related, I will never be able to have my own "bun in the oven." Years of fertility treatment have taken their toll and I now find myself on a new..eek, i hate this word...journey! The crazy train to adoption. I hope you will join me while I bake my way to becoming a mummy. I want this blog to be a source of information as well as a comforter. I hope it will inspire and help anyone who is considering adoption or who has in fact already bought their ticket for this..here I go again...journey. Cake makes me happy and I hope you will enjoy sharing my love of it. I want it to help lift your spirits and hearts through what can only be described as 'the trials and tribulations of the adoption process.' Along with my desire to be a family, I love my dogs, have an unhealthy love of sausages and chenin blanc, adore my land rover uber-nerd of a husband and continiously dream of balmy summer evenings. Baking in progress…..

Wednesday 3 July 2013

New Horizons.....

I am thinking of printing myself a T-shirt saying, "No, I don't have any feckin' news!" I think friends, colleagues and family are now starting to appreciate just how slow this process actually is and they are getting so impatient. It's quite funny to witness really. I've been through that impatient phase (ok...ok...who am I kidding...I am still so very much in it) but I have just got so used to this snail pace. Slow motion. Tortoise fever.  I do worry myself silly though that I can barely remember to buy dog food these days, so how on earth am I going to pick up the pace and look after a toddler? But you know, I am getting good at this mummy multi-tasking thing. Just this weekend, I was rowing a boat on the river on a hen-do whilst simultaneously sipping pink champagne and talking about the highs and low's of motherhood with some good friends. Result.
Plus,  there are new things on the horizon. Miss Triple A invited me and Mrs Fraig to her local adoption support group. I was a bit apprehensive about going without a babba but she assured me it would be fine. And it was more than fine. They were all so lovely and made me and Mrs Fraig feel super welcome and relaxed. Driving home along the country roads in my new mummy chariot, it felt good to be part of that circle. I saw how happy they all were, the unconditional support they gave each other and most importantly, how special and sparkly their little ones were. This feels so right. The only snag was... all I could think about was cake. We need cake at these meetings. Perhaps I'll surprise them all next month. Fancy some Coffee Streusel Muffins?


1 comment:

  1. Sounds lovely. Just sorry you didn't meet our special girl.
    Patience will pay off I promise. Mrs Delia will do you proud.
    Sounds like mummy brain setting in already
    AAA xx

    ReplyDelete