About Me

This blog is about me and my voyage to becoming a mummy. Ironically called “mummy in the baking” as together with my passion and obsession for all things cake related, I will never be able to have my own "bun in the oven." Years of fertility treatment have taken their toll and I now find myself on a new..eek, i hate this word...journey! The crazy train to adoption. I hope you will join me while I bake my way to becoming a mummy. I want this blog to be a source of information as well as a comforter. I hope it will inspire and help anyone who is considering adoption or who has in fact already bought their ticket for this..here I go again...journey. Cake makes me happy and I hope you will enjoy sharing my love of it. I want it to help lift your spirits and hearts through what can only be described as 'the trials and tribulations of the adoption process.' Along with my desire to be a family, I love my dogs, have an unhealthy love of sausages and chenin blanc, adore my land rover uber-nerd of a husband and continiously dream of balmy summer evenings. Baking in progress…..

Thursday 8 August 2013

Hey Nosey Parker....

It's been over a week since I emailed Miss Delia and still no reply. Rude. Plain Rude. I email her again...there's no stopping me now.... this time using the excuse to tell her we have signed up for the Be My Parent newsletter (a kind of mini Argos catalogue of the children waiting to be placed. Heartbreaking stuff, especially when I just want to take them all!) I ask her again if she has any news for us. I get an immediate reply, only this time it's automated and it tells me she is out of the office. #annoyed

So while it feels as if the whole world is on holiday in August apart from me, I've been doing some thinking. Mainly about how people and distant friends will react, when holy shmacaroo, out of the blue, we suddenly have a little one in our lives. The human race are funny and deep down everyone is curious and who doesn't love a good story. Best I prepare myself for the 'oh, I didn't even know you were pregnant scenario.' Now in all honesty, due to the vast amount of cake in my life, I could easily appear a little pregnant thanks to what my sister calls my 'spare tyre' around my middle. Actually, who am I kidding, we're bordering on third trimester here, as I haven't seen my toes for years.  But still...I'm going to have to come up with a pretty good story for all those nosey parkers and rubber necks out there. Oh and then there's the 'so whats their story questions?' I feel that whatever circumstances have led this little one into the care system, should remain their personal memoir. It should be their decision one day as to whether they want to share this information with others and not mine. So I need to figure out a way to say 'none of your business' but politely.

I've also finally allowed myself to purchase not just one but two, yes two my friends (!) mother and child magazines. And I've found myself pouring over every page, absorbing everything like a nappy sponge. Ok, so I have to skim over the 'love your bump' articles but to be quite honest, I can't help feeling that having a baby the natural way is soooo last year. Snort! The route I'm taking is way more 'me'

On the cake front, after much deliberation, I have finally chosen the recipe for my secret project. It's    
 my spin on a kiddie friendly Anna del Conte chocolate banana cake. Introducing....drum roll
please.....Ta Dah......'The ChoccyNuttyNana Cake'  Remember, you saw it here first!

Operation Secret Project

1 comment:

  1. And our Barnados Counselling got cancelled today! Remember you are approved so Be my parent may be the way to go. Rainbows xx

    ReplyDelete