About Me

This blog is about me and my voyage to becoming a mummy. Ironically called “mummy in the baking” as together with my passion and obsession for all things cake related, I will never be able to have my own "bun in the oven." Years of fertility treatment have taken their toll and I now find myself on a new..eek, i hate this word...journey! The crazy train to adoption. I hope you will join me while I bake my way to becoming a mummy. I want this blog to be a source of information as well as a comforter. I hope it will inspire and help anyone who is considering adoption or who has in fact already bought their ticket for this..here I go again...journey. Cake makes me happy and I hope you will enjoy sharing my love of it. I want it to help lift your spirits and hearts through what can only be described as 'the trials and tribulations of the adoption process.' Along with my desire to be a family, I love my dogs, have an unhealthy love of sausages and chenin blanc, adore my land rover uber-nerd of a husband and continiously dream of balmy summer evenings. Baking in progress…..

Friday 29 November 2013

Blessed and stressed....

It's been just over a week and although there have been tears and tempers, I can honestly say I am so in love with this little guy. Miss Boobylicious commented today that it feels like we've always had him. And it does. Like he's always been our little boy. Today he appears very happy and settled. We took him into the office to meet the girls and within minutes, he had them all smitten. His giggles are infectious and if you laugh back, it becomes a game and he can laugh for hours.
I have no idea who is out there looking out for me but I would like to thank them for bringing us all together. This is such a magical coming together of souls. Feeling blessed.

On the new baby front, we are no further forward. We have until Monday to decide. If it was down to me, I would already have said yes but LRUN is my level headed-ness. My responsible-ness. My rock. He is not keen. He is worried about finances. Heck, we don't even know if we can manage as we are with one child, let alone two.  It's a tough call and we have lots to think about. I know, no matter what, she will be fine. She will go to another loving, deserving adoptive family. But here is an opportunity to give LBM a half sibling. Would he care? I honestly don't know. Feeling stressed.



1 comment:

  1. Was sooooooo lovely to see the MITB family all together today xx LBM looks so happy and you guys are so relaxed, it does seem like you've always been together!!! You are all so lucky to have found each other, a perfect match all round xxx love you guys xx love Mrs Curly Wurly

    ReplyDelete