About Me

This blog is about me and my voyage to becoming a mummy. Ironically called “mummy in the baking” as together with my passion and obsession for all things cake related, I will never be able to have my own "bun in the oven." Years of fertility treatment have taken their toll and I now find myself on a new..eek, i hate this word...journey! The crazy train to adoption. I hope you will join me while I bake my way to becoming a mummy. I want this blog to be a source of information as well as a comforter. I hope it will inspire and help anyone who is considering adoption or who has in fact already bought their ticket for this..here I go again...journey. Cake makes me happy and I hope you will enjoy sharing my love of it. I want it to help lift your spirits and hearts through what can only be described as 'the trials and tribulations of the adoption process.' Along with my desire to be a family, I love my dogs, have an unhealthy love of sausages and chenin blanc, adore my land rover uber-nerd of a husband and continiously dream of balmy summer evenings. Baking in progress…..

Monday 18 November 2013

The smooch factor....

It's a 10am pick up this morning to spend the day with LBM. We pop in to work on the way to drop off some paperwork and everyone wants to know the juice. Boobylicious makes me feel so at ease when she relates her toddler swimming session story to mine and they are indeed not much different. There are more gifts waiting for us and I have to say Little Miss Rainbows, your present was totally awesome!

When we arrive, he comes to me quite happily. Big smiles all round. While I am talking to the Fairy Godmother about the schedule, he leans in and gives me a big sloppy kiss right on the lips. And then another one on the cheek. Unprovoked. Just on a whim. It takes everything in my power at this point not to start crying. We've turned a corner here. A few deep breaths and kiss for daddy and and we dash out the door, armed with his bag of favourite things. We're off to the supermarket to see how that goes and grab a few essentials. He's a true champion and loves it. LRUN appears to be having just that little bit too much fun and I have to ask him to stop pushing the trolley backwards so that LBM gets a better view. Purely as I don't want him to expect that from me on my own with a trolley load of groceries. It dawns on me how much I am going to miss LRUN when he goes back to work. He is such a hands on daddy and I know LBM will miss him terribly. Still, lets not worry about that just yet. We've got him for another 2 weeks.

We make it back in time for lunch which naturally, he polishes off. A quick play and then its nap time. White dog appears to be fine, in fact she is merrily chewing away at one of his Lego blocks. It's black dog who looks particularly put out. She is sitting on me. Right on top of me!
But LBM is in no mood for a nap today. It takes me a while to settle him. I try reading him a story which seems to have the opposite effect as he stands in his cot blowing bubbles and giggling. Eventually I just leave him. He is not crying, just excited and he eventually settles. Miss Delia is on her way and I look around the house. Chaos! I really need to figure out how to change those massive poo nappies without using half a packet of wipes. (You know the ones I mean, the ones that seem to ooze halfway up his back! How is that possible?)  He wakes while Miss Delia is still here and she is totally smitten by him. It's been a while since she's seen him and he is working his charm on her. I tell her she has come up trumps and she blushes. She knows she has done good.

The afternoon goes well and we manage a last minute walk in the buggy in the drizzle at dusk.  Geesh, this would be so much easier in the summer. Dinner of my infamous toddler Cheesy Peasy Pasta is a winner and we get him back to the Fairy Godmother in time for bed. He is tired today. We play games but he decides enough is enough and snuggles in with his blankie. Bless his little heart. Sleep tight little one. Another big day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment