About Me

This blog is about me and my voyage to becoming a mummy. Ironically called “mummy in the baking” as together with my passion and obsession for all things cake related, I will never be able to have my own "bun in the oven." Years of fertility treatment have taken their toll and I now find myself on a new..eek, i hate this word...journey! The crazy train to adoption. I hope you will join me while I bake my way to becoming a mummy. I want this blog to be a source of information as well as a comforter. I hope it will inspire and help anyone who is considering adoption or who has in fact already bought their ticket for this..here I go again...journey. Cake makes me happy and I hope you will enjoy sharing my love of it. I want it to help lift your spirits and hearts through what can only be described as 'the trials and tribulations of the adoption process.' Along with my desire to be a family, I love my dogs, have an unhealthy love of sausages and chenin blanc, adore my land rover uber-nerd of a husband and continiously dream of balmy summer evenings. Baking in progress…..

Sunday 8 December 2013

Splish splash....

I am convinced LBM's first word is going to be 'hungry.' Some days are better than others on the food front. But some days are so bad that there are major tears every time I appear from the kitchen with nothing edible in my hands. But for now, I am just persevering. Day by day at the moment. This morning, we managed to get all the way to 10.30am without a tantrum for food. This in itself is a major achievement. The first one usually happens 8.45am. That's 45 min after breakfast. And breakfast being pretty substantial in it's own right. So I offered him a bread stick. We shared an almost 'Lady and the Tramp' scene where we each took an end (his idea!) and met in the middle for a kiss. Too special. Until he realised it was finished of course and demanded another one. Loudly.

This week, we lived life on the edge. We re-attempted the swimming experience.  I know, I know! There were a whole lot of tears but this time we knew what to expect. And I even remembered to take a swimming nappy and.....yes.....and.... a pound for the locker. Punches the air! We felt vaguely in control until some older spoilt brat splashed us so bad I had to refrain from losing my temper in front of LBM. Earlier in the week at a toddler group, the older children were so mean and snatched toys away from him. Just what kids do I guess. He is not walking yet, so just sits there in a state of horror and dismay and then crawls off at a rapid pace after them. But with sadly no way of catching them. I glance round the room looking for the parents of these children. No-one seems to own up to them. Just as well.

On the Jellytot front, I haven't really given her much thought. Right now I just need to concentrate on LBM. Give him all I've got. LRUN is back to work tomorrow and it's just me and LBM from then on. Better stock up on those snacks. Except he is getting clever on the snack front. Lady Godiva popped in for a cuppa and just as she was tucking into her slice of dark, sticky ginger loaf, LBM tossed his healthy snack aside and made a bee-line for her cake. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. You will be just fine. Small steps
    AAA x

    ReplyDelete