About Me

This blog is about me and my voyage to becoming a mummy. Ironically called “mummy in the baking” as together with my passion and obsession for all things cake related, I will never be able to have my own "bun in the oven." Years of fertility treatment have taken their toll and I now find myself on a new..eek, i hate this word...journey! The crazy train to adoption. I hope you will join me while I bake my way to becoming a mummy. I want this blog to be a source of information as well as a comforter. I hope it will inspire and help anyone who is considering adoption or who has in fact already bought their ticket for this..here I go again...journey. Cake makes me happy and I hope you will enjoy sharing my love of it. I want it to help lift your spirits and hearts through what can only be described as 'the trials and tribulations of the adoption process.' Along with my desire to be a family, I love my dogs, have an unhealthy love of sausages and chenin blanc, adore my land rover uber-nerd of a husband and continiously dream of balmy summer evenings. Baking in progress…..

Tuesday 10 December 2013

Just the two of us.....

LRUN is up before even the sparrows fart to get the train to work and LBM is now very much awake. He can hear all the commotion going on and wants to be part of it. Seriously, why is my husband so noisy? To be fair he did have to change his new trousers when he realised Tesco had left the security tag on. Snigger.  But I try and stick to the routine and let LBM settle again and go in at 7am. He is so wide awake. So ready for the day. Oh indeed. We muddle through the morning food/milk tantrums and go down to the marina with the dogs for a walk. He loves it here and chuckles away to himself. We play games and tip the buggy backwards so I can kiss his nose. He loves this and wants it over and over again. We even survive a grocery shop (ok...this time with food bribery!) and somehow manage to spend a small fortune. I fear I am turning into my mother as I hear myself say, "Your father is going to have a heart attack when he sees how much we've spent." I can't even blame it on the nappies as they didn't even make an appearance in the trolley today. No room anyway after the Pinot Grigio. Dinner time doesn't go so well. He is either missing LRUN big time or he just doesn't like spinach. And judging by the contents of the nappy the next morning, I reckon it's the latter.

This morning I meet Mrs Twilight and Baby Twilight at the marina and we have a glorious walk in the morning sunshine together. They come back to ours for a cuppa (all be it after I spend 10 minutes looking for white dog, who is now no longer white!) and LBM plays happily with Baby Twilight. Another couple of friends pop in and I realise how much LBM loves people. How much he loves the activity of a bustling house. His giggles are proof of that. This makes me think more about Jellytot. Maybe we need to seriously consider this. Something else which needs serious consideration is Christmas which appears to be creeping up on us. Hashtag feeling disorganised. Hashtag need to bake!

No comments:

Post a Comment