About Me

This blog is about me and my voyage to becoming a mummy. Ironically called “mummy in the baking” as together with my passion and obsession for all things cake related, I will never be able to have my own "bun in the oven." Years of fertility treatment have taken their toll and I now find myself on a new..eek, i hate this word...journey! The crazy train to adoption. I hope you will join me while I bake my way to becoming a mummy. I want this blog to be a source of information as well as a comforter. I hope it will inspire and help anyone who is considering adoption or who has in fact already bought their ticket for this..here I go again...journey. Cake makes me happy and I hope you will enjoy sharing my love of it. I want it to help lift your spirits and hearts through what can only be described as 'the trials and tribulations of the adoption process.' Along with my desire to be a family, I love my dogs, have an unhealthy love of sausages and chenin blanc, adore my land rover uber-nerd of a husband and continiously dream of balmy summer evenings. Baking in progress…..

Saturday 2 February 2013

Daffodils and Glastonbury.....

It really feels like the time is dragging. Probably because our next home study session is over 2 weeks away and Miss Delia hasn't left much homework for us to do to help pass the time. I'm feeling a bit fed-up with winter now but know deep down this is a crazy thought as spring is a loooong way away but saying that, I have seen the odd glimpse of a daffodil bulb peeking it's shiny leaf through the soggy ground. On the dog walk this morning (through muddy fields that can only be compared to Glastonbury!) LRUN and I talk about what sort of child we would be willing to adopt as I know this is going to be the subject of our next home study sessions. He reminds me that he is not the Angelina Jolie/Madonna type and that he is looking at this from a purely selfish perspective...going through this process solely for us to be able to be family.  And that he wants to be sure the little one(s) they offer us is right for us too and not just for them. It sounds harsh but I know he is right and am really grateful for his level headed and always sensible approach. If it was up to me, I would probably have them all! We talk about mixed race children and whether having two blonde blue-eyed parents would be the best thing for them? Would this life of 'obviously adopted' be better than a childhood spent in care? I am not sure. We talk about what disabilities we would consider (he randomly announces he would be ok if they only had one foot!) and we end the walk feeling alot more clearer about our child. LRUN goes off to his 4x4 club for a charity event and I spend the afternoon on my own feeling a bit nostalgic. I make a traditional South African tart called a 'Milk Tart.' Smooth, creamy lushness infused with vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. I am babysitting a friend's 3 year old little girl tonight and am super excited to see her again.

Melk tert

No comments:

Post a Comment