About Me

This blog is about me and my voyage to becoming a mummy. Ironically called “mummy in the baking” as together with my passion and obsession for all things cake related, I will never be able to have my own "bun in the oven." Years of fertility treatment have taken their toll and I now find myself on a new..eek, i hate this word...journey! The crazy train to adoption. I hope you will join me while I bake my way to becoming a mummy. I want this blog to be a source of information as well as a comforter. I hope it will inspire and help anyone who is considering adoption or who has in fact already bought their ticket for this..here I go again...journey. Cake makes me happy and I hope you will enjoy sharing my love of it. I want it to help lift your spirits and hearts through what can only be described as 'the trials and tribulations of the adoption process.' Along with my desire to be a family, I love my dogs, have an unhealthy love of sausages and chenin blanc, adore my land rover uber-nerd of a husband and continiously dream of balmy summer evenings. Baking in progress…..

Monday 25 November 2013

A helping hand....

As much as I want to get into my own little routine here (so it is not such a shock when LRUN goes back to work) I worry this is not the best thing. LRUN is one of those people that has to be busy. All the time. He doesn't do 'just chillin.' Today, I have noticed that he is a bit grumpy and I guess may just be that little bit bored. So I let him do stuff. And not just the poo nappies. Honest. I let him push the buggy. I let him feed LBM lunch and put him to bed. This makes him so much happier. He feels needed. Wanted. Important. I was on a skype call to my sister and he said he would do the poo nappy. He did such a good job, that LBM actually rolled over and clapped handies. No kidding. He actually applauded his dad's nappy changing skills. Much to the hysterical laughter of the audience. So I have a few minutes to try these new Winter Cookies from the Barefoot Contessa. Jam Thumbprints. A batch is currently in the oven filling the house with toasted coconut smells. Sure beats dog and baby poo.
It's going to be tough on both of them when LRUN goes back to work. He will leave the house before the LBM is awake and will return after he has gone to bed. 5 days a week. Social services didn't seem to care about this. They were more worried about me coping on my own. I will be fine (well.. mostly) but poor LRUN is gonna miss his little boy a lot. Maybe we could do a skype bed time story on the train journey home. All depends if LRUN wants to risk shattering his manliness in public. Pinky Ponk versus the new Landrover Defender. That should be entertaining. Snigger.


No comments:

Post a Comment