About Me

This blog is about me and my voyage to becoming a mummy. Ironically called “mummy in the baking” as together with my passion and obsession for all things cake related, I will never be able to have my own "bun in the oven." Years of fertility treatment have taken their toll and I now find myself on a new..eek, i hate this word...journey! The crazy train to adoption. I hope you will join me while I bake my way to becoming a mummy. I want this blog to be a source of information as well as a comforter. I hope it will inspire and help anyone who is considering adoption or who has in fact already bought their ticket for this..here I go again...journey. Cake makes me happy and I hope you will enjoy sharing my love of it. I want it to help lift your spirits and hearts through what can only be described as 'the trials and tribulations of the adoption process.' Along with my desire to be a family, I love my dogs, have an unhealthy love of sausages and chenin blanc, adore my land rover uber-nerd of a husband and continiously dream of balmy summer evenings. Baking in progress…..

Sunday 24 November 2013

Mr Lover Boy....

Gulp! Today is my first day alone with the little guy. LRUN has a mud-inducing Landrover event and it's just me and my little boy all day. This could go one of two ways and doesn't start well when I only give him 1x Weetabix for breakfast. But soon after breakfast, I keep him distracted as we are out the door and off for a walk around the marina with the dogs. I've got to get into my own routine of doing this as LRUN will be away at work soon all day. The walk is a hit. LBM is in a good mood but this may have something to do with the Organic Carrot Bar he is munching on. But none-the-less, he chuckles away to himself watching the dogs chase each other. I feel organised. On top of things. Heck, I even manage to remember to lock the car.

I drop the dogs off at home and decide to give the supermarket a go. LBM is getting whiny and I give in and bribe him with a small biscuit.  Damn you LRUN. I also end up pushing the trolley backwards. Two minutes later and the biscuit has disappeared. I am still not sure if he did eat the whole thing or if he has in fact dropped it in the greeting card aisle. I let him play with my keys. As usual a hit and check me out, I even remember to tie them to the trolley to avoid any disasters. I chat to the check out lady and I find myself admitting to her this is my first trip out alone with him. She is smitten with him and we talk for ages about adoption. It's a girl thing. Just yesterday in John Lewis, a little girl had fallen for him. He didn't seem to give two hoots about her. He was a man on a mission crawling down the toy aisle, disrupting all the Xmas shoppers. He has this cute little pose when he rolls over onto his side and bends his leg. Which I guess can only be compared to a 'Keith Lemon' lounge. Just add a tash and bit of leopard print and the ladies are there!

So my friends, so far so good. But we are only half way through the day. I intend to spend the remainder of the day teaching him not to throw food at the dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment